There are 18 Noble Grapes that make up all of the red and white wine varietals that we know and love. That’s right, 18. The crazy thing is that you’ve probably been only drinking 3 of them.
The best way to learn about wine is to drink it.
Taking the time to taste each of these grapes is the ultimate drinking challenge. It will expand your palate, you’ll learn so much about what wines you do and don’t like, and hell yea you’ll have a nice buzz doing it.
Text a friend and tell them this is yall’s next drinking venture!
Here’s a quick breakdown of each Noble Grape. Keep a copy and check them off as you try them.
- Pinot Noir – acidic, filled with aromas
- Grenache – light, fruity
- Merlot – bolder fruity
- Sangiovese – cherry dominant
- Nebbiolo – unique and unlike any other red, savory
- Tempranillo – earthy, tobacco flavors
- Cabernet Sauvignon – very popular, full-bodied, long finish
- Syrah – dark fruits, blackberry
- Malbec – blueberry flavors